GETTING STARTED CHECKLIST:
Hey Shredded Father,
Welcome to the SF brotherhood! 👊
As one of our newest members, we have some on-boarding steps for you to complete TODAY.
These are the non-negotiables:
• Download MyFitnessPal and set up your profile ASAP. Use this to track your MACROS.
• Download the "SF Fitness App" onto your phone (check your email spam folder)
• Upload your 3 BEFORE photos - front | back | side - into the app. We'll need to see your starting point.
• Post your current weight
• Open the app and introduce yourself to the guys, share why you're here.
• Add our Zoom Call Schedule to your calendar 📞
• Attend ALL zoom calls. If this is impossible for you, attend a minimum of 2 per week.
• Participate on zoom calls with comments, emojis, and "raising you hand" (to share or ask questions).
• Hit your MACROS every day! 🎯 You'll mess up in the beginning, that's normal. But get your MACROS dialed in quickly. This is where 80% your transformation will come from.
• Once you hit your desired fitness goal, we'll invite you to post your before and after pics so we can celebrate your achievement. We refer to this as getting "posted". Once posted, you'll join the ranks of our Elite Shredded Fathers and be ready to inspire other men in the brotherhood.
• If you need help with anything, ASK FOR HELP. There's no shame in asking, only in isolating yourself from your new pack of brothers. Remember, the lone wolf always dies first so stay connected in the community. We got you!
• Remember, you're not alone anymore. So lean into this brotherhood.
EASY NUTRITION TRACKING FOR BEGINNERS
[Note: If you've never tracked MACROS before, here's an easy way to start...
👊 DAY 1-10:
Hit your PROTEINS only for the first 10 days in a row.
👊 DAY 11-20:
Once you get your proteins dialed in, get your FATS between 45-50 grams for the next 10 consecutive days. We are habit stacking.
👊 DAY 20-FOREVER:
Once you get your proteins and fats dialed in, get your CARBS locked in. Once that's achieved, your final target is hitting your calories every day going forward.]
WARNING: When starting any new habit, you're gonna suck in the beginning. No one is exempt from the Law of Sucking.💯 This law exists to TEST YOUR COMMITMENT. How much do you want THIS? Your intention is to show up for practice every single day, and SUCK LESS. Shredded Fathers is a lifestyle so make the decision today to do this FOREVER.
Life never gets easier.
We just get BETTER.
UNDERSTANDING YOUR BIG 4 MACROS
The four numbers below are going to be your keys to the city.
Now we just gotta hold to this!
Here’s what we will start with to ease into it.
💪 Protein: 162 grams
💪 Carbs: 208 grams
💪 Fat: 46 grams
💪 Calories: 1850
Use the free version of “my fitness pal” app to calculate. You will not add for exercise or movement. It will be 1850 calories every day. Make sure you turn off your activity tracking and steps in the app.
You can go to
More tab, then
Tap the calories in blue.
Change the calorie amount to 1850.
Then get the percentages AS CLOSE as possible to your prescribed macros.
🔥You can eat whenever. 5 meals is preferred and optimal but not necessary.
When you eat is less important than the overall macros at the end of the day. Having said that, it’s good to eat minimal fat and a little higher carb right after your workout.
If you like eating 2 big meals a day, do it. If you like a big breakfast and a small dinner. Do it.
💥 Just DON’T GO OVER THOSE CALORIES and STICK TO THOSE MACROS.
Your transformation is going to come from changing up your cardio...
😅 5X A WEEK FOR 30-40MIN
...any form of cardio that makes you sweat.
Staying SHREDDED over age 40 is mind-numbingly simple:
1. Wake up early.
2. Workout hard.
3. Hit your MACROS.
4. Never miss.
CLEAN UP YOUR NUTRITION
Mostly Whole Foods will keep you feeling fuller and give you more nutrients. Consistency and intensity are key. And move more. Go on more walks, hikes, play more, sweat more. Be the energetic and active, positive father and husband you are meant to be.
We want to try and burn a couple lbs of fat each week so we need to burn around a total of 2850 total calories a day. Don’t stress about that number. Just do the workouts and move a ton. That includes calories burned from rest and activity. Total daily expenditure. But that’s still a lot.
💪 Also remember resistance training will have the biggest effect on body composition. Cardio will burn calories but without lifting or resistance training your body will let the muscle go with the fat. So always make lifting a priority! Then add other activities on top of that.
As things change or fat loss stalls, we will ADJUST. Make sure you keep me filled in on your weight change and load weekly progress pics. This is a long game. Don’t expect magic over night. But magic will happen with long term consistency. Wishy washy counting and measuring will ruin the results 100 percent of the time.
Eat a lot of cottage cheese with fruit, oatmeal, chicken breast, pork loin, lean ground turkey and veggies.
Beef jerky, protein bars and shakes help also. For carbs, rice, potatoes, oatmeal, fruit.
It really doesn’t matter. If you don’t have a lot of calories at the end of the day, meat and veggies is the answer.
Every BODY is different so use this info as needed. 💯
EXPECT "THE DIP"
The first weeks will be exciting. Then the DRUDGERY will kick in. Your mind will fight you. It will try to make you slow and irritated.😖 It will try and disconnect you from your family because it takes energy.
Use this time to be the best father you can be. When you are tired, stressed and irritated is the time you make the most growth.
🔥THIS IS YOUR TEST.
YOU don’t matter any more. Don’t be a weak, selfish person. Take pride in how you overcome yourself by smiling even when you are Hungry AF. A real badass is patient and loving with his wife and people even when hungry and exhausted.😩
Shredded Fathers are RIPPED, ENERGIZED, AND DISCIPLINED. Make these your new targets. We build the Man that takes the air out of the room when he walks in.
Summary of the Getting Started Checklist:
1. Join Shredded Fathers brotherhood.
2. Download SF app.
3. Setup a free MyFitnessPal account.
4. Commit to your non-negotiables:
- Wake up early
- Work out hard (do exercises in app)
- Hit MACROS every single day
5. Take 100% OWNERSHIP of what's not working in your life.
6. Surrender your mess to God. Give Him permission to transform everything.
7. Share your "Tell The Truth Video" on social (what you've been tolerating + your new commitment)
8. Attend ALL zoom calls (minimum of 2 per week)
9. Make an irrevocable decision to attack the pain and sit in discomfort.
10. Share personal wins and losses with your SF brothers.
11. Everyone sucks in the beginning. Be okay with this. But suck less everyday.
12. Decide that it's YOUR DUTY to "LOVE•LISTEN•SERVE" your wife and kids. You need nothing from them. Ever. Again.
13. Go to war with YOUR selfishness. Every. Single. Day.
14. Give your wife/friend permission to call you out when you're acting like a selfish little btch.
15. Openly admit your struggles, slips, and setbacks.
16. ASK FOR HELP.
17. When you slip (and you will), fcking GET BACK UP. Fast.
18. Put in the reps every day. Never miss.
19. Consistently show up different.
20. Get YOUR transformation.
21. Start helping other guys.